Adobe Photoshop is a software that is mostly used for illustrations and editing photographs. However, you can also add text in Photoshop and adjust qualities such as the font, size and color of the text. Keep in mind that the main reason why people create text in Photoshop is to add a visual element to their Photoshop image with short messages rather than type out long paragraphs or make text-only documents.
1. Load the Photoshop software on your computer.
2. Select the Type tool from the tools palette. It looks like a " T " Keep the tool button pressed and choose from the following options from the pop-up menu.
Horizontal Type Tool: used most frequently, the horizontal type tool lets you type solid letters horizontally from left to right.
Vertical Type Tool: you can use the vertical type tool to type from top to bottom (the word will be read vertically instead of horizontally).
Horizontal Type Mask Tool: this tool allows you to type horizontally but instead of creating solid letters it makes the letters into a selection. You can then use the selection however you wish, like paint inside it or delete it so the underlying layer appears.
Vertical Type Mask Tool: this works similarly to the vertical type tool except it turns the typed letters into a selection.
3. Click on the part of your image where you want to add text in Photoshop.
4. Pick 1 of the corners of the text box that you have created and drag it up and down or sideways until the box is approximately the same size as the text that you want to put in it.
5. Type the text that you want to appear inside the box using your keyboard.
6. Edit the text using the Typography tool bar that appears near the top of the Photoshop interface after you select the Type tool. You can edit the following features of your text. Selected Type Tool: allows you to change the kind of type tool that you are using. Options include horizontal, vertical, horizontal mask and vertical mask (as explained above).
Font: lets you select different font names such as Arial and Times New Roman.
Font Size: adjust the points of the font size to make the text bigger or smaller.
Font Alignment: choose whether you want the text to be centered or flushed to the right or left.
Font Color: clicking on the font color box will allow you to choose different colors for the text.
7. Click outside the text box or press the Ctrl (Control) and Enter keys on your keyboard simultaneously to see how the text finally appears on your Photoshop image.
To add text in Adobe Photoshop quickly just press the "T" letter key on your keyboard to select the Type tool.
Keyboard shortcuts don't work while you are using the Type tool. This is because Photoshop recognizes your keyboard purely for typing purposes while you type your text